For me, Grayson's journey into this world started 4 weeks ago on Sunday, April 11th. Ronnie, Toby, and I were at the Tallahassee Museum for a school function when I had to stop dead in my tracks several times for some serious Braxton Hicks. We even timed them 15 minutes apart for hours. I never thought in a million years that they were just the beginning to weeks of strong Braxton Hicks and Pre-labor contractions.
Day by day my body was working for me....preparing Grayson's old home for the big delivery. One day I would have consistant contractions and think it's coming soon. Then the next day nothing! It was an emotional roller coaster ride and by the time his due date (May 6th) came and went ... I was totally depressed and was in denial that he was ever going to come.
Finally, the morning of Friday, May 7th, I woke up at 4am with back labor. I even called family members and my midwife Diana that morning and told them, "today's the day". Again the contractions went away, but picked back up that afternoon. That night, mama and papa took us to Carrabba's and they were averaging 6-7 minutes apart and 30-45 seconds long. I still didn't feel like it was ever going to happen and was dreading another week of this.
Ronnie and I watched Kitchen Nightmares, went to sleep at 10:30 and was awake at midnight with closer contractions. Could this really be it, I thought....
No comments:
Post a Comment