Saturday, October 24, 2009

One Year Ago Today...

This morning I woke up with my stomach hurting and a sense of sadness all over. Oh...this must just be my little peanut giving me trouble again, I thought. Then tears flowed as I remembered today is Toby's 1 year Anniversary of his amputation. The anxiety crept back in as I was thinking of that horrible, but somehow wonderful day.

This overwhelming sense of love and warmth took over my heart as God was telling me to be strong and to trust in his plan for all of us! We are so happy to look back exactly one year ago and know that is was the beginning of the hardest but best thing we have ever done for Toby.

Of course, I'm pretty hormonal, so I kept crying. I was thinking about our visit to the Spooktackular Celebration at the Jacksonville Zoo last night. Toby walked for almost an hour and a half trick or treating, skipping, stomping, and dancing on the dance floor. If he had not undergone the surgery one year ago, we would have carried Toby for an hour and half last night sad that he couldn't participate.

Ronnie and I talked about how we don't want this and coming anniversaries to be sad ones, but ones where we are truly thankful and at peace with our decision. I didn't realize, however, how the first year anniversary would make me feel. There are still lots of emotions but I do think in the coming years, we will celebrate this day!

Thank you for everything you have done and do for our family! Our Pastor gave us some scriptures this time last year before the surgery. This was one helped us through it all...and still does!

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.


Love to you all, The Kings

3 comments:

Amy Fitz said...

Awe...I know it must be a hard day for you, but wow....look at how much has happened in this past year! You guys have learned soooo much about soooo much! You are great parents to Toby, and will be great parents to the next "little King" too. Everything happens for a reason...and you grow from it. Think of all the people who will come into your lives who you will be able to help and encourage because of what you have gone through! What a witness you can be! :) Keep reminding yourself of that scripture you quoted, and be assured that HE IS IN CONTROL of everything. Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Love you guys! Give Toby my love and a hug from his friend Rick. Remember that you all made the right decision for your little boy. You are wonderfully loving parents! Give yourselves hugs too! See you soon. Love the Braceys.

Anonymous said...

You no doubt made the right decision, you are great parents and Tobey will forever live a fullfilling life!
I hope you are feeling better with your pregnancy. You will have another beautiful child and Tobey will be so excited to be a BIG brother.
Say hi to your Mom and Dad and thanks so much for keeping me in the loop.
Take Care,
Lisa Storm