That's right...the King family is growing!! I am 11 weeks pregnant. On Tuesday, we had our first appointment at the Birth Cottage and we had a sonogram! We heard a strong, fast, and healthy heartbeat! I feel like I am starting a show with a little tummy too - which of course is just an enlarging uterus because new baby is only 1 1/2 inches at this point.
During our appointment I was explaining to Layla, my midwife, about all the wonderful (totally sarcastic) symptoms I've been having. This new addition into my life has really been giving me a hard time. Since we found out at 5 weeks, I've been nauseas, dizzy, hungry, sick to stomach, super tired, and much more you don't even want to know about...hehe. Of course, Layla said that all signs are pointing to a girl. Ronnie said a few weeks ago it must be a girl because she's giving me so much trouble. I already had a dream it was a girl, and we named her Olivia. Weird!!! It'll probably be a boy - which is great too!
I should begin feeling better in a few weeks ... a little into the second trimester is typically when the nausea and fatigue goes away for most women. Ronnie and I decided to only have one ultrasound at 20 weeks this pregnancy...which is the week before Christmas. We are still trying to decide if we are going to find out the sex.... we're suckers and can't wait to know so we probably will.
About a month ago, I told Toby there is a baby in mommy's belly and now every time I ask him, "Toby, what's in mommy's belly," he says "BEBE". He loves babies - everywhere we go - even strangers. He wants to hold them and wants them to sit in his lap. Oh boy - this will be interesting.
The other day I asked Toby... "Toby, do you want a brother or a sister?" and he said with no hesitation, "Sista". What???? Then I said "Toby, do you want a sister or a brother?" and he said "Brthr". So you can see...he's really only saying whatever I say last... and has no idea what I'm talking about. It sure is fun though:)
We are happy and beginning to realize the reality that early next May there will be another King in our castle:) Or maybe a Queen:)
With Love,
Kaley and the growing family!
3 comments:
YAY!!!!! So excited for you guys! :) ~Amy
Congratulations! I know you guys must be so excited. I hope you start to feel better soon.
Toby is getting so big and you can tell he's a very happy baby. He will make a great older brother.
Tell your Mom and Dad hello for me. It's great to keep up with you guys.
Thank you for sharing.
Lisa
Congratulations! So excited for you guys!
Post a Comment