Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Toby's last two weeks at Advent

I can't believe it!  I absolutely can't believe it!  Toby's 4 wonderful years at Advent is over.  I could tell months ago he was ready to hang out with some "big kids" and move on.  Here's just one of the conversations we've had about Kindergarten which sums it all up.  I asked, "Toby, are you excited about going to Kindergarten?"  Toby answers back, "Do I have to take a nap?"  "No", I replied.  "Then yes!" exclaims Toby.

Toby had the most amazing last two weeks of school.  His class had the end of the year program, followed by a party in his classroom where we ate salad from the class garden.  I was gifted my last (4th) hand painted plate from Toby for Mother's Day.  He was so excited to show me the rainforest they made in the classroom and the ladybug cookies they made in cooking class.


 

The rainforest
Toby had a pajama/movie day (he wore his Camp No Limits shirt), an off-site water play day with a big water slide, a collections day (where he brought his tackle box full of shells and rocks), and a favorite sports team day (he wore a jaguar shirt and his mommy's jaguar hat).
Water slide for off-site class party
Taking him to his classroom his last day was rough. I know it affected me more than him.  I held it together until I got in the car.  Grayson will grieve with me.  He loves taking brother to his classroom in the mornings and loves seeing him on the playground.

There truly will never be another school like this.  The director, teachers, assistant teachers, interns, the York family, the Church Membership and family are truly all a gift from God.  I will forever remember how much they did for Toby, me personally, and my family.  I'm thankful I still get two more years with Grayson:)

No comments: