Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Mommy's Trip to Miraval

My wonderful mother planned this amazing trip for Heather and I almost 6 months ago.  This one week long trip to a 5 star resort and spa was Heather's graduation from Nursing school and birthday present and my birthday present. This trip was also for my mother's 60th birthday which is coming up in a couple weeks.  Most of all...it was a once in a lifetime trip for all the girls to go together.

Miraval is an award winning resort that occupies more than 400 acres in Tucson, Arizona next to the Santa Catalina Mountains.

Miraval's philosophy is mindfullness.
Living in the moment and awakening to experience.
Life in balance.
Live in the present moment.
 
Heather and I on our hike

Giant jack rabbit
Our front porch


 


Where the best food is prepared

Largest Cactus on the property
everything was blooming

 
These blooms only last 24 hours
I have been stuck on how to write this blog post for a week.  What can I say about Miraval?  How can I express in words what I experienced...what I went through?  I will do it my best...

I (we all) spent a week learning to become more mindfull.  The entire experience was just that....an amazing experience.  Something I will never forget.  With my future planning programmed mind, it is extremely difficult for me to "live in the moment".  To get away and be in the moment at Miraval can change your outlook, your attitude, and your fears.  It did for me.

The 85 -90 degree and no humidity weather was gorgeous.  We spent almost all day outside everyday.  I took the best cardio classes I have ever had, enjoyed the most healthy delicious food, laid poolside while gazing at the mountains, hiked the Sonoran Desert, and played Tennis with professionals.

I also took classes by some of the most talented people I have ever met - Artful photography with your camera phone, Grief, Loss, and Letting Go, Exercise, Drumming, and much more.

The most rewarding experiences at Miraval were the challenges.  I did four challenges on the course and the world renowned Equine Experience.  Each challenge I learned more about myself, my fears, what I was holding onto, and what I just need to let go.  It was very emotional, enlightening, moving, and scary...on so many levels.  I did two challenges with my partner Heather.  It was an ecperience I'll never be able to fully explain (partly because I haven't fully comprehended everything) but something every person should do.



 

No comments: