AHHHH! I can't believe I left out the story why Toby wanted a pirate leg!!!
It all started the week before Halloween when we were visiting our friends in Jacksonville. We went to the Jacksonville Zoo's Spooktacular! At the end of the tour through all the wonderful exhibits, we came to the crocodiles. The zoo had an elaborate Pirate theme set up with the front of a Pirate Ship, both men and women dressed in very real costumes to represent Pirates and Wenches. There were guns and money chests and parrots! It was really neat!
Toby stopped dead in his tracks staring at a pirate replica. Picture this...
In the woods off the main path stood a life size phony pirate with his peg leg resting on a wooden chest. He had the skull and cross bones on his hat, a parrot on his shoulder, and gold coins around him. Toby stared at him. Before he could say anything, I immediately said, "Wow - cool pirate....he's not real honey...it's just decoration!" I wanted to make sure he wasn't scared.
He looked at me not scared, smiled and said, "LLLOOOOKKK Mommy - He has a nubby just like me!"
And from that moment on....all Toby wanted was a pirate with a nubby on his next leg!
No comments:
Post a Comment