I planned a moving party for Toby. I told him about him moving to his own room days before and told him we were going to have a party! He asked, "With Cake....and Candles?" Every day until Saturday he would ask me when the party was and reminded me he wanted candles.
We basically kept the same routine we do every night. We brushed our teeth, read our book, talked about all the stars on the ceiling, turned on the soothing ocean mu
sic CD, and had our hugs and kisses. Not even 10 minutes later he was fast asleep. He woke up around 3am crying for Mommy and I laid down in his bed with him. He didn't go back to sleep for almost an hour. An hour after that he was up again. Not so fun the first night.
The last three nights got better and better. He slept through the night the last two nights and only woke up asking for me at 7:30 in the morning. He hasn't cried anymore. I only cried the first night, but I must say what I miss the most is the "morning mole." When Toby was in our room and it was time to get up in the morning (7ish), his little head would pop up out of bed like a mole. He would crawl out of his bed (which was right next to my side of the bed) and come say, "Uppee Mommy." Then we would cuddle before it was time to get ready. Now we just go get him and lay down in our bed for a few minutes.
I must mention the other madness we had this weekend....although it didn't seem to affect his attitude about changing rooms. Toby got some little red spots on him Saturday night after a hot bath. He wasn't acting weird nor did he have a fever. Come to find out on Monday after going to the Doctor, when it was a much more serious all over body rash and welts, that he had an allergic reaction to his penicillin. He was almost done taking a 10 day dosage of amoxicillin from an ear infection. Sure enough his spots/bumps cleared up and now are completely gone. Besides some scratching, he didn't ever really feel that bad. He did, however, look pretty bad:( This was Toby's first dosage of penicillin ever. The only other antibiotic he's ever had was after the surgery and that was an extremely strong antibiotic called Keflex. So now we know to watch out for that from now on.
What a big boy and a great big brother he's going to be!
1 comment:
So cute! What a great idea to have the cake and the presents for the big boy party! Toby is lucky to have such a wonderful mommy and daddy and I know he is going to be the best big brother. love you all, Celeste
Post a Comment