Toby loves....
- to count to ten
- shapes and sizes. The funniest shape he says is diamond.
- Daniella(his girlfriend) and Blake at school.
- Ms. Amy - his art teacher at school.
- Ms. Jan - his music teacher at school that plays his favorite instrument - the guitar.
- to talk about fishing on Papa's boat all the time..even though he's never been.
- playdoh, play kitchen food, the park, slides, and anything that has or can have water in it.
- his "smoothies" which really are Banana Milk
- telling mommy at stores to "Open Mommy, Open" when he wants me to open a packaged toy, food or drink.
- to clean up. He especially loves sweeping with his "Sweeping Sam" broom that Mama gave him for Christmas. There is also a little pan that came with the broom that he uses and then throws the dirt in the trash can.
- soap. Toby doesn't just love soap; he's obsessed with washing his hands with soap. He says many many times a day, "mommy, wash hands soap"
- to get his hands dirty just so he can coming running to us and say, "daddy - dirty hands, wash hands soap."
- watering cans.
- feeding the birds.
- loves his new toddler umbrella. He can open it himself and he uses it correctly.
- bubble bath.
- Curious George, the Wonder Pets, and Elmo, although Mickey Mouse is still his favorite.
- Yogurt, Yogurt Raisins, Granola Bars, Cheese, Crackers, and lots of cookies!
We are so proud to have a little boy that just over 2 who has such good manners. We are trying to learn from him! Every time we sneeze or cough, he says "Bless you" and I don't really remember teaching him that:) God bless Advent! After I make dinner and we sit at the table, he looks at me at says, "Thank you mommy...dinner" - how heart warming is that!
He's still consistent with an afternoon nap that lasts usually 1 1/2 hours, and he's still doing really well sleeping through the night.
He's mastered putting his socket and his leg on...but can't get the sock on tight how it's supposed to be. We're almost there. Technically 2 year olds should be able to semi-dress themselves...but it's a little different for Toby. We have to sit him down or lay him down to get his sock on. Most of his pants don't fit over his shoes so we have to take the leg off to take his pants off. Even though we are not pushing him to be potty trained...it's going to be rough when we do start - more for us of course. I wonder how many times he'll pee in his leg before we quit??? Right now...and I'm sure for a while...it's just easier for both of us to dress him. I'll teach him how to dress the new baby one day!
So...why is the Blog titled 2 going on 12, you wonder? Well...let's just say it has everything to do with Toby being the boss. He thinks he is in charge and has no problem telling Ronnie and I what to do. For example, Ronnie will go to put Toby's in his booster seat at the dinner table, and Toby with a big stare and very seriously will say, "NO Daddy, Mommy do it". Ex. #2.... I'm giving him a bath and I empty all the water out, grab a towel and say OK...jump out. Toby looks at me with his forehead crunched up, "NO mommy, daddy do it". I've spelled the word B- R - A - T to Ronnie several times in the past week when our little 2 year old thinks he's 12.
Within the last three weeks, 3 of his back molars have popped through the gums. It's been rough on him...but hopefully the worst is behind us!
A week ago, we had cousin Daisy over to play. Here they are lovin' life and eating their snack.The following video is so funny! About a two weeks ago we started playing a new game before bedtime. Ronnie and I were so proud to see Toby have such an imagination! The game starts on the beach in the sand ( the wood floors ), then mommy says jump in the ocean ( the rug ) and swim. Daddy and Toby swim and swim, then I tell them to look for fish. When Toby finds one he brings it to me and I put it into my cup to eat later. We also climb into the boat and fish with our fishing poles. We then rest on the beach for a little while and jump back into the water for more fish and seashells. We especially love when he puts his hands up like blinders to see what's in the water. He jumps for joy when he sees a fish and then catches it!
Life is good! Have a great week!
The Kings
1 comment:
Hi There! I am friends with Marissa and she shared your blog with me. I have been following for a while and I just wanted to let you know... this makes me smile and I just wanted to say Toby is adorable and congrats on the new baby. I am a new Mommy to baby Owen. He is just two months now and bringing me such joy.
All the best,
Amanda
Post a Comment