Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Boys are off to School !

What a crazy week this has been and it's only Wednesday. We went from this fairly easy going schedule to a very hectic one. I am already asking myself, "What day is it" so I know what to do, who leaves when, who's coming over, when do I work, when does Ronnie get home, etc. I just hope in all the madness I don't forget to pick up Toby:) J.K.

Ronnie started FSU on Monday and Toby's official first day at Advent Parish Day School was today! I couldn't help myself - I had to dress our 19th month old and my 32 year old alike and take school pictures this morning. Aren't they so cute? My two boys going to school!


We can already tell that Toby is really going to enjoy his school. He goes 3 mornings a week. His teachers are Ms. Mindy and Ms. Dawnadee and there are 7 other toddlers in his class. Toby is the youngest but not by far. His classroom is great... lots of educational toys, books, push toys, games, puzzles, and more. His teachers are so loving and caring. Throughout the week, Toby will partake in music, dance, art, cooking, chapel, playground fun, and more. Their schedule is jam packed full off fun learning and enrichment. Here's a few pictures of his classroom.




Dropping Toby off this morning was rough....he was not happy when mommy and daddy left. When I went to pick him up, the class was playing on the playground. I heard Ms. Mindy say it was time to go back to the classroom for some water before your mommy gets here. I looked around the corner to see Toby the first in line at the gate to come in. I could see the expression on his face - "Uh...Did you say my mommy's coming"? He was so happy to see me and wasn't upset at all. I asked him if he had fun with all his new friends and he said "chda" which is Toby's yes. Then I asked him if he wanted to come back to school for some more fun later, and he said "chda...happy"! That was awesome! Melted my heart!


Ronnie's on his way to getting his BS in the Business School - MIS program (Management Information Systems). He's got 1 1/2 years at FSU. He's taking a full load in addition to being part-time stay at home daddy! Lot's of positive changes going on! We'll keep you posted:)


Prosthesis Tidbit for the week:
What do we do if Toby's prosthesis gets wet?

Toby's foot has a large screw in the bottom of the heal that attaches the foot to the shell (leg) which should not get wet. Just like any other screw... it can rust. Fortunately for us...Toby will outgrow his prosthesis before it has a chance to rust or get damaged. We don't keep Toby out of the water that he so desperately loves so much...so we just accommodate play and then rest time. After about an hour in the pool, water/sand box, ocean, hose, etc. we have to have what we call a "nubby break". Nubby break means it's time to air out the nubby which has by this time gotten wrinkly from the water suction that the socket creates, and it's also time to dry out the socket and the screw. It only takes about 20 minutes in full sunlight to dry the leg...then back on and off to running around. We try to schedule, as much as toddler possible, water play before a nap, snack or story time....so Toby can sit still ( sit still? what's that? ). After playing hard outside, Toby is usually ready to relax and has no problem taking a nubby break:)

Love, The Kings

No comments: